Youth Efforts in the Region:
• Spending time at the orphaned Syrian refugees by going to the local shopping center, playing on rides together and sharing a meal with them. This allowed our group to form a bond with these precious children and bring joy to their day.
• Visiting the Skills Development Center these sisters they saw a variety of the items our Syrian widows are learning to make to provide for themselves and their families.
• At our Children With Disability center they learned about the HHRD project and what services we provide the physically/mentally disabled. They also spent time in the classrooms learning/teaching basic shapes and numbers to the children.
• They spend some time in the Palestinian refugee camps where they witnessed difficult living conditions for families who are without clean drinking water, electricity and in many cases lack of proper roofing for their houses.
• There's also time for sightseeing; they visisted the castle of Salahuddeen al-Ayyubi. Here they learned about the history of one of the great leaders of our Ummah and his significance. They learned about his wonderful legacy and the amount of work, sacrifice, and patience he had while displaying the greatest forms of generosity and forgiveness.